Friday, January 7, 2011

Meor visits Boca

Here's a letter I just received...
Dear Rabbi Broide,


I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your involvement in the recent MEOR DC Florida trip! The impact on the students has really been amazing! Through your impactful teaching and your ability to connect with the students, we have been able to see real Jewish growth. All the ladies came up to me to comment on how much they enjoyed your teaching style and how much they liked you! Also, a big thank you for helping to set up our students for sleeping in Boca. Here is what a few students had to say about their experience in Florida: “… I believe the best way to teach is demonstrative; therefore,

seeing the joy which other people have in living according to the spirit and letter of Torah, has encouraged me to find new ways in which I can give of my time and energy towards helping others, and elevating as much potential within a given moment as possible. From this trip, I have come to realize that growing as a Jew does not occur in quantum leaps; it occurs within the moments and opportunities we are given to act and do the Mitzvot; to help and learn from others…” Aaron “The classes were great and all of the speakers were very impressive. I've already begun evaluating my relationship with Hashem and looking for opportunities to improve it immediately. I have also been inspired to begin learning regularly in order to stay connected after the trip…” Mike "My goals for the trip were to take time and really think about where I am now in my Jewish life and practice, where I want to be, and how I can get there. This trip totally invigorated me and re-inspired me to all the things that I love about being Jewish." Dana, we have put together a slide show of the trip. I hope that you are able to take a look.

Thanks again,

Josh Hollander

Campus Coordinator FOR DC

No comments:

Post a Comment