Monday, November 23, 2009

The Revolution Has Just Begun

Today is a GREAT day. Its November 23rd, 2009 - its my sister Yael's Birthday. Its also Vav Kislev, the sixth day of the hebrew month of kislev, the ya'ahrteit of my father, Arnold Broide, Asher Yosef ben Binyamin. And finally its also the day when I am dedicating my life to Jewish continuity. Let me start by saying I am not a great writer, its not something I enjoy. I just told my wife Simone, that I am starting this blog and she why. I explained that one day in years to come, people are going to be amazed how about the changes that occurred in South Palm Beach and I want people to see exactly how from day one, it was simple. Nothing crazy, no staff, no budget, no building, no nothing just an incredible passion for people - Ahavas Yisroel. A complete honest and unconditional love of our fellow Jews. According to recent statistics in North America 100,000 Jews are being lost to assimilation each year for the last 40 years. That means we have already lost 4 million Jews - a true silent holocaust. We cant be silent any longer!
There were a number of incredible experiences that led me to theis day. BRS to Hillel to the March of the Living to Tisha B'Av to Rosh Hashana & Yom Kippur to the Aish Hatorah Conference this past shabbos. I hope to go into more detail about that journey in future entries. The short of it is that every step of the way i have been truly blessed along the way and its never been clearer that this is something I have to begin.
I certainly have long term plans, but I have found that sometimes the long term plans prevent you from actually started so I am just jumping right in, right now and this is what will happen now.
First I am putting together a committee of local members of the BRS community who share these concerns. This committee will meet on a weekly basis to ensure that we will constantly look for new ways to grow and ensure that we are achieving all of our objectives. This committee will be an open committee and will hopefully grow.
I would like to take the film "One Soul" and have one showing each week to people in their homes and also have a monthly showing at the shul. The film is incredibly inspirational and will hopefully provoke people to want to get inspired.
I also plan on inviting unaffiliated Jewish Families to my home every Friday night to show them the beauty of Shabbos and the Jewish family.
With Chanukah just around the corner, I want to inspire every member of our community to invite a Jewish family to share in a Chanukah party.
There are also ways to purchase small Chankukah gift bags which I would like to hand out to people I encounter.
This is Day one and cant wait to tell you results of the meeting I am having with Rabbi Goldberg and Dan Katz at 11am tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment